- Learn intensive permaculture design and horticultural techniques to garden from seed to seed in most ecosystems and climates.
- Participate in the collective design and planting of a 1 hectar permaculture garden.
Permaculture Design is a beautiful tool to deepen and develop your participation in the ecosystem (Nature). Permaculture techniques are a foundation for understanding the gifts nature provides freely to sustain us. This 2-week residential course of Permaculture Design approach to gardening combines with the values of the Divinya living and learning community. This Summer School course will include an introduction to permaculture theory balanced with practical, hands-on gardening techniques and experiences.
This course is suitable for the ones who
- Wish to learn how to sustainably grow organic food using agroforestry and polyculture techniques
- Seek to practically deepen their understanding of and work with the regenerative systems, cycles and influences in nature
- Want to collectively design and realise an ecological garden
During this Summer School you will learn
- To design sustainable gardens and polycultures according to site analysis and permaculture principles
- To grow plants from seeding to harvesting to seed saving and everything in between
- To regenerate soils and use the natural resources on a site including water, wind and sun
- To plan and plant a garden and greenhouse for seasonal harvests throughout the year according to your needs
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Design, prepare and plant a regenerative and polyculture garden from its beginning Identify the natural resources available in nature and direct them in your garden design
- Identify and calculate vegetable and fruit requirements and produce enough to feed your community throughout the year
- Produce most varieties of vegetables, bushes and trees from seed or vegetative multiplication
- Produce high quality compost and regenerative soil systems
This course is certified with a Permaculture Design Certification from the Center for Evolutionary Consciousness, Sweden