Permaculture Design Course
September 1 – 30, 2021
- Learn intensive permaculture design and horticultural techniques in gardening from seeding to harvesting in most ecosystems and climates.
- Participate in the collective design and engage directly in the permaculture garden.
Permaculture Design is a beautiful tool to deepen and develop your participation in the ecosystem. Permaculture techniques are a foundation to understand the gifts nature provides freely to sustain us.
This 1-month training is offered as an individual course in Divinya. It is also included in the 1-year Ecology & Spirituality program, in which the long-term students continue the permaculture garden project as part of their main living and learning experience.
The 4-week residential course is a blend of the Permaculture Design approach to gardening and the values and the sustainable lifestyle of the Divinya community. This course will include an introduction in the theory of permaculture and practical hands-on gardening techniques.
During this course you will learn
- To design sustainable gardens and polycultures according to site analysis and permaculture principles.
- To grow plants from seeding to seed saving and everything in between.
- To regenerate soils and use the natural resources on a site including water, wind and sun.
- To plan and plant a garden and greenhouse for seasonal harvests throughout the year according to your needs.
- To participate in the way Social Permaculture is understood and lived in the Divinya community.
The day program includes a theory class in the morning (2 hours) and practical class time of 3 – 4 hours. The course participants will additionally take part in all other aspects of life in Divinya, including morning meditation, yoga, study circles, documentaries, nature walks and much more.
Contact us at
About the teacher:
Caroline Levesque has been working in the field of permaculture for more than 12 years. She lives in Canada where she is the head of a permaculture cooperative that provides permaculture design and landscaping services, education and organic food to the local community. She is also an organic certification inspector and has co-created and monitored various organic farms in Canada. She brings a practical, inclusive, and participatory approach to gardening and believes everyone is a gardener at heart. Closely connected to Divinya since 2008, she seeks to express the core ideals of Divinya in everything she does. About her experience in Divinya she says:
“The Teachings of the spiritual Master Guruji Sri Vast, who is Divinya’s source of inspiration, are basically the greatest permaculture teachings I have ever encountered, and the Divinya community is bringing these Teachings to life. Such a complete vision and experience of human participation in the ecocystem! I am so happy and grateful to participate in Divinya, including being a PDC teacher in this course!”
Accommodation, Food & Fee
Divinya provides a vegetarian, healthy diet.
Students stay in spacious safari tents with furniture interiors.
Fee: 1000 Euro (food and accommodation included)
Divinya is following the current covid regulations from the official Swedish government website. Please make sure you are informed about current travel regulations via the Public Health Agency.
Coming to Divinya requires a negative covid test (max. 48hours). You will be provided with private accommodation for the first 5 days, during which social distancing will be followed to ensure everyone’s wellbeing. On your fifth day an in-house covid test will be given after which all regulations will be lifted.
This course is suitable for the ones who
- Wish to learn how to sustainably grow organic food.
- Seek to practically deepen their understanding of and work with regenerative systems and cycles in nature.
- Want to collectively design and realize an ecological garden.
- Wish to explore life in a spiritual community.
- Engage in a self-inquiry process to find deeper meaning and purpose in life.
- Seek the experience of a harmonious co-existence with oneself, others and nature.
After completing this course you will be able to
- Design, prepare and plant a regenerative garden from its beginning.
- Identify the natural resources available in nature and include them in your garden design.
- Identify and calculate vegetable and fruit requirements and produce enough to feed your community throughout the year.
- Produce high quality compost and regenerative soil systems.
Ecology and the Divine Agreement